Home Forums Support Xamarin/Android project

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I see that you support Xamarin. I have a Xamarin/Android project I’m working on and when I try to compile I get this error….

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(2,2): Error: Exception while loading assemblies: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load assembly ‘System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’. Perhaps it doesn’t exist in the Mono for Android profile?

File name: ‘System.Configuration.dll’

at Monodroid.Tuner.MonoDroidResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference reference, ReaderParameters parameters)

at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.AddAssemblyReferences(List`1 assemblies, AssemblyDefinition assembly)

at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.AddAssemblyReferences(List`1 assemblies, AssemblyDefinition assembly)

at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.Execute()

I have searched and have different versions of system.configuration.dll and have tried all of them but still this error. Anybody have any idea?

MarcF
    Keymaster

I think this is due to a reference in Nlog, the logging framework we use, that should not be there.  I will produce a fix today and post here once I’ve done so.

Matt

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll be looking for it! Thanks so much!!

MarcF
    Keymaster

If you go to the download page you’ll see we have just released version 2.2.1 which contains a few bug fixes that we’ve been accumulating.  Also there are builds for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android in there where we’ve stripped the logging functionality to hopefully make things work again.  If you could test the android build for us that would be greatly appreciated.  Any further issues please feel free to post and we’ll try and sort them as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your interest in NetworkComms.net

Matt

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great!! Thanks a bunch!

MarcF
    Keymaster

Could you possibly confirm if the separated build worked for xamarin.android?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.