Home Forums Support Windows 8 Store Apps

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings, will the NetworkComms library work for Windows 8 RT and Windows 8 x86 apps?

Thanks,

Mike

Anonymous
    Inactive

Heya Mreith,

Many thanks for your interest in our library and welcome to our forums.

The library will work as it stands for Windows 8 x86. For windows 8 RT we would need to prepare a new build configuration. Although the API is identical to our Windows Phone 8 distribution the DLL needs to be built differently.

How soon would you be interested in testing an RT build and may I kindly ask if you are considering a commercial license?

Kind regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings Marc,

Glad that RT is possible. The Windows 8 RT work is months away. I just wanted to ensure that it could be done before going in and testing the library. And yes, if it works out I would be obtaining a commercial license. But again that may be a few months away – I’m very early in the research phase right now.

Kind regards,

Mike

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sounds great. I wish you the best of luck your your project. We usually release updates every few weeks and the windows 8 RT build will most likely be in the next one.

If you have any further questions feel free to drop us an email or post back here.

Regards,
    Marc

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.