Home Forums Support User Authentication – Tutorial request?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

Ok, I’m fairly new to coding the whole Client/Server stuff, even though I’m reasonably ok with C# development (not a Guru, by any means!)

Anyway, I have a need to work on a project that will require client / server functionality and I stumbled across your library. I like what I see!

What I need to be able to do is to connect from my client and provide some form of username and password. The server needs to Authenticate against a local store and provide some form of token. All further communication should then use this token.

Ideally, I’d also like to encrypt all the traffic (and compress and so on).

Can you offer me some pointers? Ideally, a tutorial added to your library would be awesome!

Many Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Heya Wierdbeard65. Many thanks for your interest in our library. To do this in the general case we first need to add support for asymmetric key encryption. This feature is on our development roadmap and once we have it we will probably create a suitable tutorial. The bad news is that I can’t give a timeframe for that.

Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the rapid response!

For my application, I’d be happy to do the encryption using a pre-shared / password so that side of things isn’t my concern.

What I’m more interested in is how I can generate some kind of token on successful login and then somehow have that token included in future packets to show authenticity. Are there any custom header fields, for example?

I found a tutorial online that just about blew my brains (it claimed to be “simple” but is working at the socket level!)

I’d prefer to use your library, if I can, not only because it looks much easier, but also it gives me the scope to go multi-platform, which is appealing down the line….

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am very interested in this, Looking forward to the tutorial

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.