Home Forums Support Unable to locate serializer with id=1, please ensure the desired se…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I am using the personal version of this library for a project at home (to begin with) for testing purposes.
    i am using the component with c# (but on 2 platforms) Windows and iOS (xamrin.ios).

I have a problem with objects being received on iOS…

various bits of information in the log (i can attach if you need) but the exception that halts everything is…

“Unable to locate serializer with id=1, please ensure the desired serializer is available and try again.”

just to you know i am using a combination of SendObject & AppednGlobalPacketHandler in my code and sending nothing more than a string… i am using (i believe) all latest version of the lib.

sending objects to Windows environment from iOS does not produce any error…

again its only a string (Mono & Microsoft.net share the same properties for a string i am sure)

Thank you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Heya Marcus,

Welcome to our forums and thank-you for your support of our network library.

My guess is that you are trying to use the Protobuf serializer, which by default has id=1, in conjunction with the unmerged DLL which does not include the required assembly. To solve the problem I propose ensuring your project has a reference to protobuf-net.dll or use the merged assemblies.

Regards,
    Marc

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.