Home Forums Support UDP – Restart Listener

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I have problem while using the UDPConnectionListener. If I StopListening() and want to StartListening() for the same IPEndPoint again, an unhandled exception occures. The exception says:

Additional information: A UDP connection already exists with info [UDP-D-U] 0.0.0.0:4001 -> 0.0.0.0:0

Init UDP Listener:

SendReceiveOptions optionsToUseForUDPInput = new SendReceiveOptions<NetworkCommsDotNet.DPSBase.NullSerializer>();
    udpListener = new UDPConnectionListener(optionsToUseForUDPInput, ApplicationLayerProtocolStatus.Disabled, UDPOptions.None);
    udpListener.AppendIncomingUnmanagedPacketHandler(handleIncomingUDPPackage);

Code for Button which Start Listener:

Connection.StartListening(udpListener, new System.Net.IPEndPoint(System.Net.IPAddress.Any, 4001));

Code for Button which Stops Listener:

Connection.StopListening(udpListener);

Until here, everything works fine. But if I click on the Start Button again, the exception mentioned above throws.

Funny fact: The following code works without problems (if you write the Start/Stop/Start in one button:

Connection.StartListening(udpListener, new System.Net.IPEndPoint(System.Net.IPAddress.Any, 4001));
    Connection.StopListening(udpListener);

Thanks for your help in advance.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Heya Patrick,

Are you call stop listening you may have to recreate the UDPListener instance. i.e. in your start listening button event create a new udplistener.

Kind regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Marc,

thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately this doesn’t work.

I create a new UDPListener-Instance and call StartListening(…).

It throws the same exception:

NetworkCommsDotNet.ConnectionSetupException: A UDP connection already exists with info [UDP-D-U] 0.0.0.0:4001 -> 0.0.0.0:0

I tried several different approaches but can’t find a way to reopen a UDP Listener at the same port if it was closed before.

Can you please send me your code? I am sure you tested it already.

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by .
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.