Home Forums Support UDB Broadcast not received on iOS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,

I started working on this a couple of days ago, and set up a simple messaging pattern between multiple devices based upon the Chat example using Xamarin. I have devices able to send and receive messages as long as they are direct messages to a specific address. When I try to use a UDP Broadcast to discover the server, the message is sent (no errors reported on the device – and using Wireshark I can see the messages on the network), but the IncomingPacketHandler is no longer triggered.

I have enabled logging but there is no mention of any errors in that and no PacketHandler error files have been created.

It is almost as if it is being ignored.

Have you seen this before?

Just to re-iterate, code works when a specific address is used, but not when IPAddress.Broadcast is used.

Thanks

Rob

Anonymous
    Inactive

Heya RobP,

Welcome to the forums 😉 We are right in the middle of testing version 3.0.0, so it probably makes sense for us to look at this problem using that. We will get back to you as soon as possible, probably in a few days with a solution.

Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can you send me a link to download the Beta of 3? I did try site download button didn’t get the email. Might be worth me trying it out and seeing if I can help you out as well.

Thanks

Rob

Anonymous
    Inactive

Heya Rob,

The current beta does not contain any builds for iOS, so there would not be much you could test.

Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi again,

Just wanted to say thanks for tracking this down and making sure it is fixed in version 3!

Rob

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.