Home Forums Support Telnet communication with NetworkCommsDotNet?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I’m trying to set up a server using NetworkingCommsDotNet where I can accept Telnet clients, but I can’t understand how to do it properly. I’m using the following code:

public static void Init()
            {
                NetworkComms.AppendGlobalConnectionEstablishHandler(ConnectionEstablished, true);
                NetworkComms.AppendGlobalIncomingPacketHandler<string>("Message", ReceivedData);      
            }

public static void StartListening()
            {
                Connection.StartListening(ConnectionType.TCP, new System.Net.IPEndPoint(System.Net.IPAddress.Parse(serverIP), serverPort));
            }

private static void ConnectionEstablished(Connection _connection)
            {       
                Logger.LogMessage("Connection established with " + _connection.ConnectionInfo.RemoteEndPoint.ToString());
            }

What am I doing wrong?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Heya Robert,

Looks like you are on the right path, you should be aware NetworkComms.Net implements a custom application layer protocol to support a large number of features. This may interfere with the telnet protocol. NetworkComms.Net does offer Unmanaged Connections, which is included in one of the examples

Kind regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Marc,

After a bit more testing I started to assume there was some handshaking going on under the hood. I wasn’t aware that unmanaged connections were available however – good to know!

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.