Home Forums Support System.MissingMethodException – MonoTouch

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I see on your Library Features page you say the following:

Mono 2.10+ (Linux, Xamarin, MonoTouch, Unity3D, MonoGame etc)

I am am getting errors when trying to use the library with MonoTouch and was wondering what version of the library supports MT?

Thanks in advance!

MarcF
    Keymaster

Hey micjames,

Welcome to our forums and many thanks for your interest in NetworkComms.Net. I assume you are using the latest version, 2.2? Also, which .net version is the DLL are you trying to use in MT? If you could give me that info as well as a full exception / stack trace of the error that should get us on the right road to a solution.

Regards,

Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the speedy reply, I got to say this is a cracking library! Works perfectly on my Winforms testing app.

On the MonoTouch side of things, I am currently referencing a Net20 version of the Complete library. It was created on the 18th of March so I assume it to be the most recent.

This should help you a little:

System.MissingMethodException: Cannot find the requested method.
    at at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices:IsTransparentProxy (object)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.Marshal (System.MarshalByRefObject Obj, System.String ObjURI, System.Type RequestedType) [0x00000] in /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/mono/mcs/class/corlib/System.Runtime.Remoting/RemotingServices.cs:304
    at System.AppDomain.GetMarshalledDomainObjRef () [0x00000] in /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/mono/mcs/class/corlib/System/AppDomain.cs:1355
    at at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
    at at <0x00000> <unknown method>

Once again, thanks for your help! I really appreciate it.

MarcF
    Keymaster

ok, you are on the latest version and .net2 is probably the best build for MT.

The exception is not the most useful as it doesn’t really point to exactly where the problem is caused. That’s the joy of mono, sometimes you just get to guess Smile

There is only really one place we use reflection in the library and that is to auto detect available serialisers and data processors. We already catch some exception cases and default to an older, less efficient method in those cases. We didn’t add a global catch all as we were interested to know what other failure modes we had not found. This may be one of them.

I have added a new catch for ‘MissingMethodException’ and uploaded a beta DLL which you can tryout from https://networkcomms.net/downloads/NetworkCommsDotNet_v2.2.1_Beta_Net2CompleteDLL.zip.

If this solves the problem I will include it with the release of 2.2.1 so let me know how you get on.

If you continue to have issues or other questions just let us know and we’ll do our best to sort them.

Regards,
    Marc

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.