Home Forums Support Sessions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

First up, my apologies if my questions seem basic, but I’m relatively new to the whole client / server coding construct!

Ok, My application requires my client to open a session with the server and maintain a 2-way dialog. It seems from what I can work out that each request from the client is treated in isolation by the server. Is that correct? I’m thinking of generating a token when the client connects, which I then include in the objects I send back and forth to identify the session. Is that the way to go?

One thing I need to be able to do is to detect if the “other end” disappears. Is this functionality built in, or do I need to manually send keep alive packets each way to see if the other end is still there?

I think your library is amazing, but some more tutorials on the various aspects would certainly help me, for one! 😀 Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome to our forums and many thanks for your interest in NetworkComms.Net.

It seems from what I can work out that each request from the client is treated in isolation by the server

A connection will be established on the first attempt and maintained automatically. There is no need to send keep alive packets.

To run code your specified code when the connection is closed please see NetworkComms.AppendGlobalConnectionCloseHandler and Connection.AppendShutdownHandler.

There is no need to create a connection token as again this is taken care of. Once you have an established connection please see Connection.ConnectionInfo.NetworkIdentifier.

We will attempt to add more tutorials in the future.
    Hope the above helps, if you have any further questions please feel free to post back.

Regards,
    Marc

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.