Home Forums Support Server to Clients or One to Many

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi!
    I like your library, but have a problem with it. I would ask you to help me.
    I’m developing very nonstandard application. There is one Server and many Clients (I have ~300). I want to send a message from Server to all Clients. The main idea is to close working program on all Client PCs.

For example i have a button in my program “Close my program on all my Clients PCs”. Also I know all Client IPs.

Thanks, and sorry for my English 🙂

• This topic was modified 10 years ago by .
    • This topic was modified 10 years ago by .
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not sure what your question is. I can however say that it would be very easy to achieve what you are trying to do with NetworkComms.Net.

Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, I want to use NetworkComms.Net in my project.
    The question is: how can I send a message to all clients?
    I know their IPs.
    Thanks.

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by .
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You can either use a UDP broadcast which is the most efficient for a large number of clients:

//Broadcast a shutdown state object to all local network clients
    ShutdownState state = new ShutdownState();
    NetworkCommsDotNet.Connections.UDP.UDPConnection.SendObject("ClientShutdown", state, new IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Broadcast, 10000));

or using TCP:

List<IPAddress> clientAddresses = new List<IPAddress>() { /* All IPs go here */ };
    ShutdownState state = new ShutdownState();

//Connect to each client and send the shutdown packet
    foreach (IPAddress address in clientAddresses)
    {
        try
        {
            ConnectionInfo clientInfo = new ConnectionInfo(new IPEndPoint(address, 10000));
            NetworkCommsDotNet.Connections.TCP.TCPConnection.GetConnection(clientInfo).SendObject("ClientShutdown", state);
        }
        catch (CommsException)
        {
            Console.WriteLine("Failed to send shutdown to {0}", address.ToString());
        }
    }

Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for reply. I will try it in my project. Thanks a lot again. If any questions, I will post.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.