Home Forums Support Sent Confirmation

• This topic has 14 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Does this issue happen if you do not used nested packets?

Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

sorry I don’t know what you mean by nested packet ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I found the problem.

Im using encryption, if i turn that off then it works fine.

I would have expected it to work with the encryption on though. A bug or maybe Im doing it wrong?
    This is my code with encryption :-

// setup

NetworkComms.EnableLogging();
    Serializer = DPSManager.GetDataSerializer<NetworkCommsDotNet.DPSBase.ProtobufSerializer>();
    NetworkComms.DefaultSendReceiveOptions = new SendReceiveOptions(Serializer, NetworkComms.DefaultSendReceiveOptions.DataProcessors, NetworkComms.DefaultSendReceiveOptions.Options); RijndaelPSKEncrypter.AddPasswordToOptions(NetworkComms.DefaultSendReceiveOptions.Options, _encryptionKey);
    NetworkComms.AppendGlobalIncomingPacketHandler<Chat> (MESSAGE_CHAT, HandleChatMessage);
    Connection.StartListening (ConnectionType.TCP, new IPEndPoint (IPAddress.Any, TCP_PORT_CHAT));

// send a message

ConnectionInfo serverConnectionInfo = null;
    Chat m = new Chat ();
    m.Guid = guid;
    m.Text = text;

//We will modify these options and then use them in future sends
    SendReceiveOptions options = NetworkComms.DefaultSendReceiveOptions.Clone() as SendReceiveOptions;
    //Add the encryptor to the list of DataProcessors to use when sending data with these options options.DataProcessors.Add(NetworkCommsDotNet.DPSBase.DPSManager.GetDataProcessor<NetworkCommsDotNet.DPSBase.RijndaelPSKEncrypter>());
    //Add the password to the options
    NetworkCommsDotNet.DPSBase.RijndaelPSKEncrypter.AddPasswordToOptions(options.Options, _encryptionKey);
    options.ReceiveConfirmationRequired = true;
    serverConnectionInfo = new ConnectionInfo(serverIPAddress, TCP_PORT_CHAT);
    TCPConnection.GetConnection(serverConnectionInfo).SendObject<Chat>(MESSAGE_CHAT, m, options);

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeap, its a bug. If you would be so kind as to complete a suitably detailed bug report, https://bitbucket.org/MarcF/networkcomms.net/issues/new we should be able to fix it in the coming weeks. Typically we fix bugs within a few days but we are super busy at the moment. Hopefully you can manage until we get a fix out.

Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

done, Issue #47

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.