Home Forums Support Send Data continuously to clients

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings,

I’m building a commercial application that will require the following (simplified description):
    A Server will collect data from several Hardware units and forward this data cyclically (each one sec) to a number of clients (up to 5). The data is 2000 string (stored in an array), The string length won’t be more than 10 characters.

Now, from what I’ve read, I can send objects using NetworkComms libraries, I guess I’d send the array itself or even combine the array elements in one string variable (or string builder) then “split” it into an array once again when received by the clients.

The clients will “sometimes” reply to the server with very few data in some events.

I’m very new to NetworkComms library and asking about the performance (one sec operation) and also asking about the best implementation.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ayman

Anonymous
    Inactive

Heya Ayman,

Welcome to our forums and many thanks for your interest in our network library. It sounds like NetworkComms.Net is perfect for what you are trying to achieve.

If you would also like to use NetworkComms.Net to communicate directly with the hardware units this is also possible but would require our next major release which adds that feature. We are hoping to release a beta version of this within the next 7 days.

You have total flexibility to send the data in whatever format you feel is the most efficient. We have several different implementation routes with significant worked examples demonstrating the core features:

1. Creating A WPF Chat Client Server Application
    2. Creating A WPF File Transfer Application

NetworkComms.Net is already in use in situations with 100’s of requests per second at data rates of over 1Gbps.

If you have any further questions we would be more than happy to answer them.

Kind regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

very much looking forward

Anonymous
    Inactive

Many thanks Marc for your reply and information.

About hardware communication:

If you would also like to use NetworkComms.Net to communicate directly with the hardware units

I’m wondering which hardware and which communication protocols are you planning to support?

Regards,

Ayman

Anonymous
    Inactive

We will be adding support for RAW TCP and UDP. You can then add implementation to support any protocols of your choice.

This feature will allow people to use NetworkComms.Net with hardware devices such as the Gainspan serial to wifi controllers (http://www.gainspan.com/technology/serial_to_WiFi_software).

Regards,
    Marc

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.