Home Forums Support RPC Call Timeout errors

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Testing RPC calls. If the RPC routine takes more than 1 second then the connection times out. I have tried lots of things and nothing seems to be able to reset the timeout to something realistic. Ideally, there should be some default setting we can set and then a per call override.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Completely agree. Having looked at the source code it is indeed manually fixed to 1 second. This should be relatively easy to change. What sort of time frame might you need this fix within?

Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just doing proof of concept stuff right now. So not urgent.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve just implemented the adjustable time-out feature and it will definitely make the next release. If you feel brave you can pull the source from our bit-bucket repository and try it out! We’d be really grateful to hear feedback from you on this issue.

Basically what I’ve done is have the RPC proxy implement a new interface, IRPCProxy, which allows you to get/set the time-out as well as get at various bits of information about the proxy. All you have to do is cast the proxy returned by Client.CreateRPCProxyTo… to an IRPCProxy and the rest should hopefully be fairly self explanatory. You can also set the default RPC call timeout for new proxy’s via Client.DefaultRPCTimeout.

Hope this helps, and thank you in advance for any feedback. Any questions please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Matt

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry for delay in getting back to you, but I have tested this and it seems to be working correctly now. Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.