Home Forums Support Remote Shell

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

First of many thanks for this great library. I have just started learning how to use networking in C# and this library is perfect!

I am currently using NetworkComms 3.0.2 and was wondering if there is any big difference between this and the new one (3.0.3)?

I was also wondering if you could point me in the right direction of what would be the best approach to develop a Remote Shell with several clients, 1 server and a administration console? I have managed to reboot/shutdown Windows Services on the client by creating a relay function which relays the Reboot/Shutdown request from the administration console to the client, but I am having big trouble on how I could link StreamReader and StreamWriter to a client and an admin console trough the server.

Is there a construction/method in NetworkComms that allows me to send a packet with an identifier instead of having to create a custom function which does this?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Heya Zelsius,

Welcome to our forums and thank-you for your support of NetworkComms.Net.

There are no big differences between 3.0.2 and 3.0.3.

It’s not clear from what you have written what you are trying to do. I would propose you look at the remote procedure call (RPC) implementation and pass input/ouput back and forth as strings.

Kind regards,
    Marc

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.