Home Forums Support Real peer to peer transfers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi guys:

I need transfer files between two mobiles in a real way. Mobiles can be using a 3G/4G connection so they can’t work in a server mode, listening in a port (because, simplyfing, 3G/4G companies dont allow open ports and listen)
    So I need to connect this two devices.Of course I can connect both of them to a server, transfer the file to server and then to the other mobile but it is a waste of time and connection.
    May I think I would be able to connect a server to discover the address of the other peer but after that I want they connect theyselves.
    So I do not know if I can do it with your library. Sorry my ignorance about it, I think it is a protocol issue, but on the other hand I can see that there are bittorrent clients apps for Android working on this way.

Could you tell me if your library support something like that?

Regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Heya Ivan,

Many kind thanks for your interest in NetworkComms.Net. What you are looking for is something that supports TCP/UDP hole punching. Unfortunately this is not something we have been able to add to NetworkComms.Net yet as it’s quite a sophisticated technique.

Best of luck finding something suitable,
    Marc

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.