Home Forums Support Problem with the .NET 3.5 dll

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I have a .net 3.5 project in vs2010, when I try to add the reference to the dll in the 3.5 folder it says that it, or one of its dependencies requires a later version of the .NET Framework, I have to use the 2.0 dll in my 3.5 projects, any clue?

Thank you for this fantastic work!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Heya Leonsito,

Welcome to our forums and many thanks for your interest in our network library.

If you right click on the project in VS2010, and select properties, can you please confirm what the target framework is?

The .net3.5 dll and .net2.0 dll are identical. So if using the .net 2.0 version fixes the problem I wouldn’t worry about it any further.

Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, my target framework shows .NET Framework 3.5.

I downloaded the dlls and adding the complete one gives me this error:

Error

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also, I’m gettins this with the 2.0 dll:

A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in NetworkCommsDotNetComplete.dll

Anonymous
    Inactive

When and how do you observe the

FileNotFoundException

when using the 2.0 dll?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was making some tests, as soon as I use anything from the library I get that error, I made a blank app, added the dll, put the using argument, and then on the form load I put this line:

NetworkComms.AppendGlobalIncomingPacketHandler<string>("Message", PrintIncomingMessage);

Without it, there was no error, as soon as I put it, the io error appears.

I made a debug with the unmanaged code option activated, I get this that seems related to that error:

'PruebaNet.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\Adrian\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\PruebaNet\PruebaNet\bin\Debug\NetworkCommsDotNetComplete.dll', No native symbols in symbol file.
    'PruebaNet.exe' (Managed (v2.0.50727)): Loaded 'C:\Users\Adrian\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\PruebaNet\PruebaNet\bin\Debug\NetworkCommsDotNetComplete.dll', Symbols loaded.
    'PruebaNet.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Culture.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'PruebaNet.exe': Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Culture.dll'
    'PruebaNet.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\diasymreader.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'PruebaNet.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\version.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in NetworkCommsDotNetComplete.dll
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Please read more about what “first chance exception” means, here:

First chance exception messages most often do not mean there is a problem in the code. For applications / components which handle exceptions gracefully, first chance exception messages let the developer know that an exceptional situation was encountered and was handled.

You should only see them whilst running attached to visual studio. If a “first chance exception” causes the program to pause you can either press F5 to continue execution or configure visual studio to ignore them.

If the above is not helpful please post back.

Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, yeah, this first chance exception doesn’t cause me any problems, it was just a little observation.

The main problem is the 3.5 dll not working with the target for .NET 3.5 🙁

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.