Home Forums Support PRC Json serialization results to timeout exception

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I am trying to use Json for RPC. Is it supported? It seem so, but I can’t find example.
    I did one myself, but I got timeout exception even I when I put big (10 sec) rpc timeout.
    I would really appreciate rpc example with json.

Regards,
    Igor.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Heya iYalovoy,

Many kind thanks for your interest our network library and welcome to our forums.

As far as I am aware JSON is not be supported for RPC. May I ask why you are interested in specifically using JSON for RPC?

Kind Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Marc,

Thanks for reply.

It is more want, rather than need.
    Protobuf-net tend to mess code with it’s ProtoMember[x] attributes, than JSON is one attribute per class.
    I am aware that protobuf-net is better in terms of performance.
    Mostly I was just curious, because it is not stated anywhere that rpc supports on protobuf-net.

Regards,
    Igor.

Anonymous
    Inactive

One more thing.
    Am I right at thinking that rpc is not supported on .net 2.0/3.5/Android/iOs/WinRT/WP8?
    I think I am, so you should put a bold * on rpc feature, because it only works on .net 4.0. Your library is lovely because it supposed to work across all platforms/frameworks. RPC does not and it is very important to mention.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yea, that’s correct. I’ve highlighted the supported platforms of RPC on the features page.

Regards,
    Marc

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.