Home Forums Support In-line documentation

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

could you please tell me how can I bind my VS2010 to the library help files?
    Is there any way to do that so I can just press the F1 key on a given method and see the relative (online) help page?
    An offline solution is also fine but I have not found any MSHA manifest to load with my VS nor any other way to do that.

Kind Regards,

Lorenzo

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not quite sure what you mean by binding to the help files?

If you mean the referenced DLLs are missing the expected xml documentation this is something are correcting for the upcoming version 2.3.0 release (within the next few days).

Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes Marc,

I mean exactly what you wrote.
    Good to ear that the next version is close to be released.

Lorenzo.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you download version 2.3.0 you will find the requested xml documentation included.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Mark,

sorry if I bother you again on this matter but I do not know how to use the provided XML files. In order to enable the context-sensitive help (via the the F1 key) I’m used to load the *.MSHA file (via Help=>Manage Help Settings and then “Install content from disk”).

I googled a bit but it is still unclear to me if I need to use a third party tool in order to enable the F1 context-sensitive help on your library classes-methods and properties or I need only to import the documentation in VS in another way.

Thanks for your reply,

Regards,

Lorenzo.

PS:
    I’m using VS2010 Ultimate.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry for the confusion, what we included in the DLL bundle was the inline XML documentation so that Intellisense could provide useful information.

I now know exactly what you are after and that can now be downloaded here. Extract the two files and link to visual studio as you stated, i.e.

(via Help=>Manage Help Settings and then “Install content from disk”)

If you have any problem let me know.
    Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Marc,

Whan I try to import the MSHA file the “next” button tat should start the import process stay gray and disabled.

If I select another MSHA file (for instance the MySqlConnector MSHA help) I’m able to import it without any problem (the “Next” button in the import process is enabled and working.

Or I’m doing something wrong or that MSHA file is not working as intended.

Regards,

Lorenzo.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Very odd, everything is working this end. I will investigate and post back if I find anything.

Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve updated the download to include an install script. If you download, extract and then run Install_NetworkCommsDotNet_API.bat it should take care of it for you.

Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Marc,

I had only to rename the HelpLibraryManagerLauncher.exe calls in your bat files to match my “helplibmanager.exe” help lib manager command (I have no “HelpLibraryManagerLauncher.exe” command in HD), after that I ran the install.bat file and the documentation was properly installed.

Now everything seems to work properly, now I’m able to call the Help Agent with the F1 key as the other MS and third party documentation.

Many thanks for your support.

Kind Regards,

Lorenzo.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.