Home Forums Support how to disable: bytes_recv = #; bytes_send = #

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

How can the continuous display of “bytes_recv = #; bytes_send = #” be disabled?

This happens continuously at my Visual Studio Output window when my Windows app using networkcomms is connected and communicating over USB to another computer, also with networkcomms.

I tried “networkComms.DisableLogging();” but to no avail.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve just done a source code search for the string “bytes_recv” and cannot locate anything. Could you provide an exact copy paste of what you are seeing. And this is appearing in the visual studio ‘output’ window?

It may be there is some debugging information we have forgotten to disable. If you can give me the above I should be able to find it.

Regards,

Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, Mark. Sorry for delay… pulled off to another project, and now back on this one, hotter priority than ever. (typical)

Here you go:

bytes_recv = 256; bytes_send = 256
    bytes_recv = 72; bytes_send = 72

Also, I posted more details in subsequent post, which I just posted, because I forgot about this one…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m pretty sure this is not coming from networkcomms.net as no part of those messages is present in our source. I’ll try and do some investigation today as to what the source of this is but it clearly looks, based on your other post, like it has something to do with the USB connection. How by the way is the USB network connection setup? Is it a debugging connection or a tether for instance?

Anonymous
    Inactive

MattD,
    it is a USB cable plugged into Windows-7 computer and plugged into 4th gen iPad.
    App on Windows is Visual Studio 2010 C# and NetworkComms.net and
    app on iPad is Xamarin Monotouch C# and NetworkComms.net

Anonymous
    Inactive

Have also answered your Stackoverflow post as follows:

I’ve looked through the source for NetworkComms.Net and the output you are reporting is not generated from within NetworkComms.Net. I would recommend investigating the other tools you are using such as the USB->TCP connection.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.