Home Forums Support Getting the same exception over and over even everything works

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Networkcomms keeps dropping log files with this exception. I don’t really known what is causing them. StackTrace doesn’t reference my code at all. I guess it might be a sign of unproper shutdown. Can you clarify?

Base Exception Type: System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Threading.WaitHandle:WaitOne_internal (intptr,int,bool)
      at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne (Int32 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean exitContext) [0x00032] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Threading/WaitHandle.cs:353 
      at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne (Int32 millisecondsTimeout) [0x00000] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Threading/WaitHandle.cs:364 
      at NetworkCommsDotNet.Connections.Connection.ConnectionKeepAliveWorker () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Stack Trace:   at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Threading.WaitHandle:WaitOne_internal (intptr,int,bool)
      at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne (Int32 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean exitContext) [0x00032] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Threading/WaitHandle.cs:353 
      at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne (Int32 millisecondsTimeout) [0x00000] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Threading/WaitHandle.cs:364 
      at NetworkCommsDotNet.Connections.Connection.ConnectionKeepAliveWorker () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Anonymous
    Inactive

Heya iYalovoy,

That error message suggests that you have some packet handlers that are never finishing. As such when you call shutdown any remaining threads get forcefully aborted. If you do not catch the thread aborted exception you will see the above error message.

I recommend running your application in a debugger and after a while of run time confirm that all running threads are as expected.

Regards,
    Marc

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.