Home Forums Support Encryption require to set NetworkComms.DefaultSendReceiveOptions

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

My application has a few connections some encrypted and some not.
    First I tried like that:

Creating options:

var processors = new List<DataProcessor> { DPSManager.GetDataProcessor<SharpZipLibCompressor.SharpZipLibGzipCompressor>(), DPSManager.GetDataProcessor<RijndaelPSKEncrypter>() };
                    var dataOptions = new Dictionary<string, string>();                
                    RijndaelPSKEncrypter.AddPasswordToOptions(dataOptions, "godlike");
                    var options = new SendReceiveOptions(DPSManager.GetDataSerializer<ProtobufSerializer>(), processors, dataOptions) { UseNestedPacket = true };

using them:

var listener = new TCPConnectionListener(_options, ApplicationLayerProtocolStatus.Enabled);

Doesn’t work. Got “Options must contain encryption key”. Which means that my key is not in the dictionary, but wait! I put it there.
    Then I tried that:

RijndaelPSKEncrypter.AddPasswordToOptions(NetworkComms.DefaultSendReceiveOptions.Options, "godlike");

Suddenly works!

This is not the bug. It is design flaw. Encryption takes key/pass only from NetworkComms.DefaultSendReceiveOptions, but what if I need two different encrypted connections with different passwords? I MUST be missing something. I can’t believe that it is like that by design. Anyway it is not obvious at all, how one should handle situations like that.
    I hope I am wrong and there is a genuine and graceful way two handle to separate encrypted connections.
    Please, let me know.

Regards,
    Igor.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by .
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Heya Igor,

Thanks for the post. How do you start listening for incoming connections?

Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Marc,

I do it like that:

var listener = new TCPConnectionListener(_options, ApplicationLayerProtocolStatus.Enabled);
                    listener.AppendIncomingPacketHandler<string>("some message",
                                    (header, connection, customObject) =>
                                    {
                                        Console.WriteLine("\nReceived custom protobuf object from " + connection);
                                    });
    Connection.StartListening(listener, new IPEndPoint(ip, 0));

Thanks for quick response.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by .
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Heya iYalovoy,

I am investigating the problem.

Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

iYalovoy could you possible put together a simple console use case that demonstrates the problem and send me a download link, either forum or to support@networkcomms.net? This would allow me to find a solution faster.

Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Always happy to contribute to library development!
    [linkremoved]

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is a genuine bug. For the time being you might be able to get around it by replacing the following line:

listener.AppendIncomingPacketHandler<string>("Kill all humans",
                    (header, con, customObject) =>
                    {
                        Console.WriteLine("\nReceived custom protobuf object from " + con);
                    });

with:

{
                    }, options);

I’m working on a fix so that your use case works as expected. It should be released as part of 3.0.1.

Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Completly missed the fact, that AppendIncomingPacketHandler has SendReceiveOptions parameter.
    Anyway, thanks for quick response. Keep going good work!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well…
    “might be able to” Means you haven’t even checked?
    Because

{
                    }, options);

doesn’t work as well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

hmmm, it did work for me, perhaps I was on a different revision. I should hopefully be able to release 3.0.1 in a day or two which fixes it correctly.

Marc

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.