Home Forums Support Encryption connection

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, Im really new to this library, Im trying to setup my encryption over my client and server to all my packets but I cant get it to work since I have no connection over the client.
    code:

NetworkComms.ConnectionDefaultSendOptions.DataProcessors.Add(DPSManager.GetDataProcessor<DPSBase.RijndaelPSKEncrypter>());
                DPSBase.RijndaelPSKEncrypter.AddPasswordToOptions(NetworkComms.ConnectionDefaultSendReceiveOptions.Options, "Your strong PSK");
                NetworkComms.SendObject(type, serverIp, serverPort, data);
                NetworkComms.Shutdown();

Thats the client part, obviously is not working since but dont know how to solve it!

Over the server part I have this:

static void Main(string[] args)
            {
                String encryptionKey = "ljlhjf8uyfln23490jf;m21-=scm20--iflmk;";
                DPSBase.RijndaelPSKEncrypter.AddPasswordToOptions(NetworkComms.DefaultSendReceiveOptions.Options, encryptionKey);
                //Trigger the method PrintIncomingMessage when a packet of type 'Message' is received
                //We expect the incoming object to be a string which we state explicitly by using <string>
                NetworkComms.AppendGlobalIncomingPacketHandler<string>("Message", PrintIncomingMessage);
                NetworkComms.AppendGlobalIncomingPacketHandler<string>("New", PrintIncomingUser);
                //Start listening for incoming connections
                TCPConnection.StartListening(true);

//Let the user close the server
                Console.WriteLine("\nPress any key to close server.");
                Console.ReadKey(true);

//We have used NetworkComms so we should ensure that we correctly call shutdown
                NetworkComms.Shutdown();
            }

/// <summary>
            /// Writes the provided message to the console window
            /// </summary>
            /// <param name="header">The packetheader associated with the incoming message</param>
            /// <param name="connection">The connection used by the incoming message</param>
            /// <param name="message">The message to be printed to the console</param>
            private static void PrintIncomingMessage(PacketHeader header, Connection connection, string message)
            {
                Console.WriteLine("Packet comming from " + connection.ToString() + " data sent '" + message + "'.");
            }
            private static void PrintIncomingUser(PacketHeader header, Connection connection, string message)
            {
                Console.WriteLine("New user " + connection.ToString() + " user type :  '" + message + "'.");
            }

That seems to be working
    Also another question is… I have checked the chat tutorial but I cant get how-to make my server reply to the packets the client send without using a new object.
    Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Calling NetworkComms.Shutdown(); on the client prevents the server from replying.

To reply directly from the server add the following code within PrintIncomingMessage and PrintIncomingUser:

connection.SendObject("packetTypeStr", replyData);

Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

And how should the client get the data ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

You need to configure packet handlers for the client as well using NetworkComms.AppendGlobalIncomingPacketHandler(..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any quick example? thank you for your time and sorry.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Please see the examples included in the ‘source bundle’ download or our tutorials section.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.