Home Forums Support Connection specific AppendShutdownHandler

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    I’m currently trying to create a sort of forwarder which listens on a port, then receive a certain packet which will tell him where to redirect next pacekts coming from the same client.

Example:
    CLIENT tell GATEWAY that he needs to get to SERVER:serverport
    GATEWAY creates a connection to SERVER:serverport
    CLIENT sends packets to GATEWAY which sends them to SERVER
    SERVER sends back a response, which goes through the GATEWAY to the CLIENT.

I had it working with Net.Sockets and I’m now changing to NetworkComms.

The problem I’m facing is that when a connection from Gateway (client) to Server (listening server) is closed, the Gateway trigger the global callbacks for connection/disconnection:

NetworkComms.AppendGlobalConnectionCloseHandler(ClientDisconnected);
    NetworkComms.AppendGlobalConnectionEstablishHandler(ClientConnected);

Those callbacks are supposed to be only called when a client connect or disconnect on the Gateway

This is the code i’m currently using to start the listener.

NetworkComms.DefaultSendReceiveOptions = new SendReceiveOptions<ProtobufSerializer, , LZMACompressor>();
    NetworkComms.DefaultSendReceiveOptions.IncludePacketConstructionTime = NetworkComms.DefaultSendReceiveOptions.ReceiveHandlePriority = QueueItemPriority.AboveNormal;
    NetworkComms.AppendGlobalConnectionCloseHandler(SessionClosed);
    NetworkComms.AppendGlobalConnectionEstablishHandler(NewSessionConnected);
    NetworkComms.AppendGlobalIncomingPacketHandler<string>("ECHO", SocketCommands.HandleIncomingECHOPacket);
    Connection.StartListening(ConnectionType.TCP, new IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Any, 10000));

I suppose this is like a “global” way of starting It?
    How do I start one then add those Connected/Disconnected handlers to just the listener?

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Create an instance of TCPConnectionListener and then use TCPConnectionListener.AppendIncomingPacketHandler.

Once configured you can provide the listener to ConnectionListeners.StartListening

Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the answer,
    What i already do is this:

TCPConnectionListener listener = new TCPConnectionListener(new SendReceiveOptions<ProtobufSerializer, LZMACompressor>(), ApplicationLayerProtocolStatus.Enabled, true);

NetworkComms.AppendGlobalConnectionCloseHandler(ClientDisconnected);
    NetworkComms.AppendGlobalConnectionEstablishHandler(ClientConnected);

listener.AppendIncomingPacketHandler<string>("PING", HandleIncomingPINGPacket);
    listener.AppendIncomingPacketHandler<string>("DEST", HandleIncomingDESTPacket);
    listener.AppendIncomingPacketHandler<byte[]>("DATA", HandleIncomingDATAPacket);

Connection.StartListening(listener, new IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Any, 19000));

Basically I would like to make those ClientConnected and ClientDisconnected related to this listener, instead of make them global.
    The reason why is because I got a client in the same application, and when it connects or disconnects It triggers the same methods of this listener.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t think this is possible directly. There is currently no listener.AppendConnectionCloseHandler() method. One work around is to check the IP address in the global AppendGlobalConnectionEstablishHandler and then add a connection specific close handler there.

Regards,
    Marc

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.