Home Forums Support client-server to exchange files (like in p2p?)

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, I’m figuring out how to create a p2p connection over android devices using your library.

My goal is to share files (audio, video, etc) and text between two or more Android devices. In the network any device can be at the same time server and client. Do It is possible to have this behaviour ?If yes, there is any miny how to ?
    Maybe starting from the chat android sample ?

Thanks

Max

Anonymous
    Inactive

Heya Eudosia,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for your interest in our library. What you are proposing is indeed possible. The android chat sample is an excellent place to start, all you need to do is add the necessary features to exchange more than just simple strings. If you have any further problems after you’ve given it a go please post back here.

Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for yuor response. What I’m figuring out, as first step , is how to make It work in a multicast way. I mean that I need client don’t need to specify a server ip, because all clients act also like server, so when a client enter in the network his presence is shown on each other client and vice versa.
    Thanks,
    max

Anonymous
    Inactive

Checkout UDP broadcasting, https://networkcomms.net/udp-broadcasting/.

Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

mmmmm…. I’m walking around the UDP bradcasting , but I have this error message….
    System.NotSupportedException: Unable to send UDP broadcast datagram using this version of NetworkComms.Net. Please purchase a commerical license from http://www.networkcomms.net which supports UDP broadcast datagrams.
    Maybe you forget to tell me something ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The free component available from the xamarin component store does not support UDP broadcasting. To use our software in a commerical product, if you require UDP broadcasting, you need to purchase a licence. You can however test the features by downloading the GPL version from our download section.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Which are differecens about licensing from the free version in the xamarin store and the GPL version ?
    In a short do is possible to release commercial mobile apps using the xarin store free version ?
    Thanks.
    Max.

Anonymous
    Inactive

GPL version, as downloaded from this website for free, can be used for testing but NOT in commercial applications.

The free Xamarin store component CAN be used in commercial applications but some of the features are excluded.

To use the full feature version in commercial applications you would need to purchase a license.

Hope that answers your question,
    Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes thanks. Probably we will purchase your library, but for your customers I think a caparison table for available versions will be very helpfull. Anyway I would to test the UDP broadcast feature to keep all info about clients in my net, just to discover ips and device names, to extablish in a second time a TCP connection.
    Your sample code for UDP is very short, there is the possibility to have a more roch peace of code for Xamarin ?
    Thanks
    Max.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Agreed, perhaps we could make the different versions clearer.

Your sample code for UDP is very short, there is the possibility to have a more roch peace of code for Xamarin ?

Apologies, not sure what the question is here.

Regards,
    Marc

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.