Home Forums Support Ad Hoc Network

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi thanks for providing this library.

I have programmed a working server client application, which works perfectly on the normal internet.

Now I tried it in the intended setting of an ad-hoc (wifi) Network and the application fails with (“Actively Refused Connection”) on port 10000.

Firewalls are down and I switched the Ad-hoc to a Home Network (by default it is Public). It continues to refuse the connection. Since the Netbooks are not always available to me, I would need a guess, if ad-hoc refuse by default high port numbers.

Any ideas about the specialities in an ad-hoc Network I have to take care off?

The ad-hoc works fine since months with another software (not from me) and VLC and so on.

Development Machine is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Although I dont think that makes a difference as the program works fine on the Netbooks with Access Point Network. I never hooked the Development machine up to an adhoc.

VS C# 2010

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Ankhenaten, many thanks for your interest in our network library and welcome to our forums.

Any ideas about the specialities in an ad-hoc Network I have to take care off?

Nope.

If you have existing network applications that work over the adhoc network I would check that your server application is definitely listening on port 10000. Please use something along these lines:

List<EndPoint> localListeningEndPoints = (connectionTypeToUse == ConnectionType.TCP ? Connection.ExistingLocalListenEndPoints(ConnectionType.TCP) : Connection.ExistingLocalListenEndPoints(ConnectionType.UDP));

foreach(IPEndPoint localEndPoint in localListeningEndPoints)
        Console.WriteLine("{0}:{1}", localEndPoint.Address, localEndPoint.Port);

If you find that the server application is listening on the expected port then please post back.

Regards,
    Marc

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.