Home Forums Support A Server with MANY clients

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

this is my scenario:

– I need to write a C# server application handling an unknown (but big) number of TCP clients (300-500 clients)
    – Each client send a status message to the server with a random frequency (from 1-2 times per second to 1 times every 10 or more seconds )
    – The server must handle and reply to all the client messages
    – Client messages are relatively short, probably less than 64 bytes

Is this scenario conveniently doable with this library?

Is there a sample of a TCP server handling a variable unknown number of TCP clients with a similar architecture?
    I have downloaded the source codes but, at first sight, I have not found anything that could help me to decide.

My idea is to buy a commercial license this network library and delegate all the networking “troubles” to the library itself focusing on the project features instead of hassling with a multi-threaded server and all the related problem (thread pool, resources handling and so on…).

Any advice is welcomed.

Regards,

Lorenzo.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Heya Lorenzo,

Many kind thanks for your interest in our network library. The scenario you describe is easily achievable, we have successfully tested using 1000 clients where the network load is almost 100%. We are confident NetworkComms.Net could easily support 10,000+ clients, we just don’t have the resources to test that number.

The closest example included in the source download is probably the ExamplesChat.WPF application. To understand the structure of this example we also have a companion tutorial here.

If you have any further questions or issues please feel free to post back.

Kind regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, thanks for pointing that sample.
    I need to understand better how the library work because, as far as I can see, I do not find any concept of connection start/end and then the normal message handling.

I do not find also any keep-alive concept or something like that.

Kind regards,

Lorenzo

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you work through the example I mention above you will see that connections are established with the following syntax, as an example:

Connection newConnection = TCPConnection.GetConnection(new ConnectionInfo(ServerIPAddress, ServerPort));

Keep-alive is enabled by default for all TCP connections. The behavior can be modified via the property Connection.ConnectionKeepAlivePollIntervalSecs

Regards,
    Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Many thanks,

in the next days I will try to understand better how your library work and I will try to write down a sample.

Thanks for your quick answers.

Regards,

Lorenzo.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.