Home Forums Support A Client/Server File Transfer WPF Application

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am sure this is asking too much, but I would like to request a tutorial about creating a client/server file transfer WPF application along the same lines as the chat tutorial. How this would differ from the DFS source is that it would be a direct download (maybe also upload but that is asking even more, so just download would be appreciated) instead of a peer-to-peer download. At least, I think the DFS source is for a peer-to-peer and not direct download.

Again, I realize this is a pretty big request but even just a modification of the chat tutorial to include file transfer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey KrimCard. Thanks for your interest in our library and welcome to our forums. We can certainly look into it. The DFS is indeed a multiple peer to peer file transfer system, aka bit torrent style. Writing a direct download example should not be too much trouble.

Regards,

Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just to update. We are working on this tutorial. We are super busy at the moment so it’s taking a little longer than hoped. We aim to upload it within the next 5 to 7 days.

Regards,

Marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Got to it sooner than I thought. Please find the requested tutorial here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you so much, MarcF! I commented on the tutorial and will reiterate that I didn’t expect it to be done so soon. I was putting the time-frame as a few weeks, as this is just a forum post, but I am pleasantly surprised.
    This post can be closed if needed so it doesn’t clutter the forums.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.