Home Forums Support Error: Invalid callback signature in Project.Class.Serialize Reply To: Error: Invalid callback signature in Project.Class.Serialize

Anonymous
Inactive

If it helps, this is the stack trace that I get from the exception:

at ProtoBuf.Meta.CallbackSet.SanityCheckCallback (ProtoBuf.Meta.TypeModel model, System.Reflection.MethodInfo callback) [0x00049] in c:\Dev\protobuf-net\protobuf-net\Meta\CallbackSet.cs:61 
  at ProtoBuf.Meta.CallbackSet.set_BeforeSerialize (System.Reflection.MethodInfo value) [0x00000] in c:\Dev\protobuf-net\protobuf-net\Meta\CallbackSet.cs:74 
  at ProtoBuf.Meta.MetaType.SetCallbacks (System.Reflection.MethodInfo beforeSerialize, System.Reflection.MethodInfo afterSerialize, System.Reflection.MethodInfo beforeDeserialize, System.Reflection.MethodInfo afterDeserialize) [0x00007] in c:\Dev\protobuf-net\protobuf-net\Meta\MetaType.cs:204 
  at ProtoBuf.Meta.MetaType.ApplyDefaultBehaviour () [0x0069b] in c:\Dev\protobuf-net\protobuf-net\Meta\MetaType.cs:750 
  at ProtoBuf.Meta.RuntimeTypeModel.FindOrAddAuto (System.Type type, Boolean demand, Boolean addWithContractOnly, Boolean addEvenIfAutoDisabled) [0x00120] in c:\Dev\protobuf-net\protobuf-net\Meta\RuntimeTypeModel.cs:552 
  at ProtoBuf.Meta.RuntimeTypeModel.GetKey (System.Type type, Boolean demand, Boolean getBaseKey) [0x00000] in c:\Dev\protobuf-net\protobuf-net\Meta\RuntimeTypeModel.cs:718 

What’s even more strange is that a project (a simple chat app that I created from the tutorials), that hasn’t been touched in months, that used to work now doesn’t work; I get the same exception.

This post on Stack Overflow mentions the sanity check that is in the exception: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6652860/deserializing-with-protobuf-net-over-ria-services

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by .