Home Forums Support Problems with Broadcasting on Xamarin.Android Reply To: Problems with Broadcasting on Xamarin.Android

Anonymous
Inactive

Hi Marc,

most of the problems have been solved, thanks for that!
Only problem 1 remains the same. My Android application is not getting the broadcast of my WPF server, only when I send the object directly to the IP address of my device, the message is received. Any ideas on that?

Here once again some code snippets:
Working:
UDPConnection.SendObject("ConnectInformation", connectInformation, new IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Parse("192.168.1.103"), NetworkConstants.Port));
Not working:
UDPConnection.SendObject("ConnectInformation", connectInformation, new IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Broadcast, NetworkConstants.Port));
I tested the same with a simple string – same result. One odd thing I noticed on the server is a socket exception which I get on the server when I sent something, which is a WSAEFAULT 10014 error (The system detected an invalid pointer address in attempting to use a pointer argument of a call). Nevertheless the messages are received on my WPF client (broadcasting as well as specific addresses).

Regards,
KPC